Sunday, October 26, 2008

temperature change

No, not global warming, just coming back to Alaska from Virginia. I got back Sunday night and pretty much stayed inside all week. It's been unusually cold for October -- this weekend the high is about 10 degrees -- and I've been a bit of a wimp. I went out Friday night and the car started doing those wintery things -- the oil is thick like molasses, the tires are hard, the suspension stiff, and I'm pretty sure the crack in my windshield got a little longer when I turned on the defrost. Anyway, I finally went outside yesterday, first to help a friend put a roof on his cabin, then to ski around the dog mushing trails, and realized the cold isn't all that bad if you just dress for it. Today it's sunny and beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm an author of language teaching materials for learners of English and I am doing some research for a book. I wondered if you could help me. I attach a webpage with some information about me.
I am doing some research on life in cold countries and had some questions. If you would be willing to help me could you send me an email to lclandfield@yahoo.ca with the subject title Alaskan Blogger?
Thanks very much, I tried to find an email address for you on your blog but couldn't. So I left this comment, which you can delete if you like.