Saturday, March 8, 2008

spring comes to juneau

Wish I had my camera.
I know it's technically a ways off, but it sure feels like spring here in Juneau. It was in the 40s today and the sun was hiding just behind the clouds, even poking through. I got up early and rode over the bridge to Douglas, north on the highway past a trio of bald eagles, and up the climb to our little ski area. There's still a good bit of snow in the woods and higher up, and there's plenty at the ski area. I reached the top faster than I thought, then flew down the hill with the sun to my back and thick mossy woods all around, with near-freezing water splashing up into my face. By the time I reached the bridge again two hours later, it was clear enough over the channel to see
where it was raining and where the sun was winning out.

No comments: